Saturday, April 7, 2012

Busy Busy

The sun was shining and a nice cool breeze was blowing... the perfect day for some heavy duty yard work.  I didn't get as far I'd hoped, but I got farther than I expected thanks to the assistance of my kids.  Turns out little boys like to dig in the dirt! Who'da thunk?

We got started edging the lawn (and ripping out the bermuda grass that had spread beyond the confines of the lawn), we didn't get it finished though, because back-breaking labor has its limits.  But things are starting to look better out there, and it's a chore I've been putting off for years.  A few tons of bark out front and things will be looking great!

We also got rid of some old furniture that was starting to cramp our style, and our house.  Then my daughter and I made a run to Home Depot to get more bark for the garden side of the house.  Everything back there is still a huge mess but with the bark in hand it won't take much to get it back into shape. 

Now it's time for a good long soak, a hearty dinner, and maybe a handful of painkillers.  It is supposed to be fairly nice the rest of the week and if my back will cooperate we'll be digging up another bed and mixing some Mel's Mix soil soon.

Spring is FINALLY here!
Happy Easter/Ostara everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment