Thursday, July 19, 2012

1,000 Blog Visitors!

Wow, hard to believe that 1,000 visits have now been made to this blog.  Glad to know it isn't a complete waste of time.

Picked half a quart of green beans this morning and my first cucumber is nearly ready to pick.  It's a tiny little thing but I'm looking forward to my first taste of garden cucumber this summer.  The butterfly bushes are in full bloom now, and happily buzzing with honeybees, a few bumble bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds.  Those bushes are one of my favorite things about summer in the garden, they smell so sweet, look beautiful, and attract tons of beneficials. 

One of my other favorite things is the song birds that show up at the feeders.  The grosbeaks and goldfinches are showing up regularly and don't even seem to be bothered by my presence these days.  I think they've figured out that the cats are a much greater threat than I am.

I will be out of town and disconnected for the weekend to attend a pirate camping event, hopefully I'll get a few pictures while I'm out there and come home to find a harvest waiting for me.  Thanks to everyone who has stopped in to visit here, i hope the posts have been entertaining, informative, or helpful to you.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Yes, I've found your posts to be all of the above :-) Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Pirate camping sounds interesting. Looking forward to the photos!

    ReplyDelete