Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Brassicas Have Shown Their Faces

My brassicas, planted the 25th, have popped their heads up out of the soil today.  The cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and kale have all joined their cousins the lettuces in basking under the fluorescent glow of the grow lights.  I planted a few kale seeds at the beginning of February when we had a few days of unseasonably good weather, at this point those seeds have only their initial two leaves, I am curious to see how well the kale planted inside catches up to them.

Currently the weather is just above freezing, blowing like a 2 year old at a birthday party, and a mix of rain and snow is falling.  What a yucky day.  Really hoping this weather improves over the next month, another cold wet Spring is going to leave me wishing I lived anywhere but here.

No comments:

Post a Comment